1. Style
xfairystarsx writes: "I'm going to be getting my apprenticeship in body piercing soon. I've got a few months before I'm 18 though, so I can't pierce anyone yet, but the person who will be training me said I'll be working in the shop, doing the basics until then (ie: cleaning the shop, filling out paperwork, etc.) So, I was wondering if, since technically I'm just being trained, I should be getting paid for those things? It's a stupid question I know, but I'm wondering if I should quit my current job before I get started or if I should keep it for the money."

Comments

September 26, 2006 at 2:39 pm
(1) Tommy T says:

I am glad you asked this question. I have been piercing for 16 years and have apprenticed half a dozen people in that time. I have watched other piercers suck in a green pea and use them as their slave to clean, run, and hold their coattails up while they prance around like a god. The answer is yes; you should always get paid. Any body piercer that is qualified to teach you also will be qualified to respect you. If he or she has your best interests in mind then they are going to want to pay you. And in return hope you build a respectable career in the industry. You can’t do that if you are not making squat! Don’t expect much for the first year or two, maybe min wage or a bit more. Qualified piercers only apprentice people with the hopes that they can contribute to the industry or there own business. Hope that helps and don’t be afraid to ask for your pay. If the guy or girl is for real they will be happy to pay you. If you have any questions feel free to email me at tommyt@tommytbodypiercing.com

September 27, 2006 at 7:21 am
(2) Kim says:

‘Apprenticeship pay’ is 80 a week for up to 40 hours, 2 an hour for any extra hours.
It’s not minimum wage, but it’s legal coz it’s ‘apprenticeship pay’.
But you need to make sure you’re officially an apprentice, not just another employee, or you need to be getting paid minimum wage.
xox

September 28, 2006 at 11:14 am
(3) Tommy T says:

That is just plain wrong. You should be ashamed of yourself for trying to act like a professional. Don’t take advantage of your kids that are working for you. If you can’t get minimum wage worth of work out of your apprentice then you don’t deserve to be teaching them. This has nothing to do with what is legal. It has to do with what is ethical and moral. You don’t have the ethics to be a teacher or a Body Piercer. Teach them right and you will be happy to pay them minimum wage!

June 28, 2008 at 12:55 am
(4) michael says:

will you please gelp me find some compays who would be for tattoos thank you.

March 31, 2009 at 7:04 pm
(5) beewipsgreete says:

I am sure by now everyone has heard of the Forex MegaDroid (forex-megadroid.org),
an automated forex trading robot.

But what you don’t know is that every program has beta-testers, those who have tested the
Forex MegaDroid System. Most of them are claiming that the Forex MegaDroid System isn’t all that it
claims to be.

Some are calling it a scam…

This one website claims that a beta-tester revealed it to be a scam…

Check out their report:
ForexMegaDroidScam.com

Hope it helps!

November 27, 2009 at 11:14 pm
(6) Feeptorette says:
September 20, 2010 at 4:58 am
(7) Tori says:

I’ve been applying at this one tattoo shop to become an apprentice, and every time I go in there to show them my artwork they love it. But when I leave they ask for my best and say they can’t hire me until I show them my best. This has been going on for weeks. Do I need to find a new parlor to apply at?

December 3, 2010 at 9:08 am
(8) john says:

Yes, you should leave. to me it just sounds like theyre playing you. You better not have been giving them the artwork over the past few weeks . move on to the next one girl.