1. Style
What kind of emotions does this tattoo stir in you? A naked tree, stripped of its colorful leaves and left standing unprotected against the elements. Is it a symbol of lonely solitude or strength? Does it make you think of mournful times and personal loss, or of happy harvest time with apple pies and cool breezes? It may not seem like an overly complicated or beautiful picture, but a bare tree can mean many things to many people. That's why I like this tattoo.

Edit: The artist that inked this particular piece is Nik Lensing of Fluid Ink Tattoos in St Paul, MN.

Comments

December 4, 2006 at 1:37 am
(1) Maggie says:

I think the bare tree tattoo is one of the more appealing ones Ive seen in a long time. The touches of color on the tree trunk only heightens the dramatic effect. The two leaves still on the tree add to the composition. To me, it signifies the changing of seasons, and also the “autumn” of someone’s life. The true strength of the tree is showing, it is not dead, but only changing. It is a unique and multi-dimensional image. One of the most unusual Ive seen so far.

December 6, 2006 at 3:19 pm
(2) Dannighe says:

My wife actually has a tattoo a lot like this. Hers is going through the different seasons from bottom to top, symbolic of her dad’s death. Very cool though!

December 16, 2006 at 12:07 pm
(3) Nik Lensing says:

Hey, this is Nik, the artist of this piece. I gotta say, I’ve liked this pic a lot but my only gripe, and it’s small, is that I’m currently at Fluid Ink Tattoos in St Paul, MN now. if you like this piece, come on in! (651)287-0966

December 16, 2006 at 9:48 pm
(4) Jeremy says:

Thats sick. I am always impressed with simple yet elegant tats. well done.

December 18, 2006 at 1:20 pm
(5) Michael says:

Nice tat, nik. its too bad you moved to minnesota. i wanted you to do another tat for me.

December 19, 2006 at 10:01 am
(6) Sean says:

I’ve had Nik do 4 different pieces for me and each one of them are awesome! Go visit Nik for some of the best work possible.