1. Style
"I'm thinking of getting a tattoo on my shoulder blade. I may also get it on the front, between my shoulder and neck/collar bone. Still deciding. But anyway, I don't have any clothes to wear for this tattoo. So I'll need to buy a shirt, or borrow one from a friend. Anyway, my question is what shirt would I need? What kind of shirts do women usually wear when getting it either on their shoulder blade or front shoulder. I'm a tomboy, so I really don't know. Also, I wear a sports bra, with a zipper in front. It's all I own. I'm trying to place my tattoo wear my bra won't be a problem, but still, is there anything you suggest, or have experienced, when it comes to what to wear for a tattoo in this place?" - Johnni

Comments

January 20, 2008 at 3:24 pm
(1) steph says:

You should go buy a strapless bra and a tubetop. THis way no matter where you decide to get your tattoo your clothes wont be an issue.

January 20, 2008 at 4:37 pm
(2) kelly says:

You should just wear a spaghetti strap tank top. The strap can be moved if necessary.

January 20, 2008 at 5:06 pm
(3) Tara says:

I have two tattoos. One is on the left shoulder blade, one is on the right shoulder blade. I wore a spaghetti strap top for both of them and did not have any issues.

January 20, 2008 at 8:29 pm
(4) Katy says:

Yeah, I wore a tshirt with my spaghetti strap top underneath, so when I took off the top shirt, all we did was tuck the strap under my arm when he did the tattoo on my shoulderblade. I made sure it was kinda loose so the straps wouldn’t rub it too much afterwards.

January 22, 2008 at 1:29 pm
(5) manda says:

I have a tattoo, Obviously, but I had to take my whole friggin shirt off for mine. And its on my shoulder blade. I guess it just denpends on who gives you your tattoo! :]

January 22, 2008 at 2:08 pm
(6) june latchford says:

In my shop – we have shop clothes – these are clothes that we use speciifically for different parts of the body – ask the shop that you are going to use if they supply shop clothes

January 23, 2008 at 12:06 pm
(7) Walt says:

If you are going to a good shop they should have have something(a button down scrub shirt,disposable gown) for you to cover up with. There should also be no reason for you to expose any more then is needed to do the tattoo,about 2 inches from the tattoo.

February 13, 2008 at 3:52 am
(8) Tav says:

I actually have a tattoo in both spots. The one on the blade i took off my top and my bra wasnt in the way. The one between the collar and shoulder i wore a tank top and sports bra and took my arm out of the side that i was getting the tattoo on

December 19, 2009 at 10:42 pm
(9) Rickki says:

Yeah I would say just a tank top and then just take out your arms if needed:)
And Im getting a tattoo under my left shoulder blade on new years,, so it’s wierd cuz it’s like hard to reach without fully taking off my shirt even if I wear a tank top. But good luck on yours:)