Adam Gontier performed the first show of his solo career at the Ink Life Tour in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on April 19th, 2013.
Fans, tattoo artists and collectors packed the house of the world's largest touring tattoo and music festival and showed their love for the former Three Days Grace musician as he strummed a few acoustic songs from his new album and rocked the stage with a new team of band mates and friends.
I interviewed Adam very randomly after he said I could pretty much say whatever I wanted and quote him. I thought that was pretty cool and trusting so here we go.
Adam has so many tattoos he's tired of talking about them, and he isn't quite sure how many he has. "Maybe 16?" His first tattoo was a black band on his forearm. He also has a really cool butterfly hand tattoo.
Underneath his black armband are the lyrics to the Three Days Grace song "Never Too Late."
Here are eight small details about Adam:
1. He was wearing a shirt that read 'Karma.'
2. He offered me a bottle of water, which was very courteous.
3. Former jobs: Telephone sales, pumping gas and flipping burgers.
4. Adam is from Canada.
5. Favorite song on solo album: Try To Catch Up With The World
6. Despite his platinum, double platinum and gold albums with Three Days Grace, on the night of his first solo gig, Adam had stage fright.
7. Largest fan states: Ohio and Texas
8. And last, he likes the lights off.
Be sure to support Adam on his solo venture, and catch the next line up of musicians at the Ink Life Tour here.
Image Courtesy Ink Life Tour