1. Style
jfwil writes: "I am looking to have my second tattoo inked. I have had two surgeries on my lower leg and have some varicose veins as well. Can a tattoo be placed over a varicose vein? I'm looking to try and hide the veins as I have given up on the surgeries. What are your thoughts?"

Comments

June 1, 2009 at 4:05 pm
(1) Mamawannashop says:

I know u can cover spider veins (cause I did!) but not sure about the varicose veins i’m 50/50 on that one??

June 2, 2009 at 8:27 pm
(2) ta2dlady says:

I have some varicose veins as well. To tell the truth, I am leery about getting them inked over, as they are very painful and I don’t want to add to the pain. I have quite a bit of coverage so I am not scared of normal tattoo pain, but I think that the word “exquisite” might apply to the pain of tattooing varicsities. (yeah I know the pain from being tattooed will go away, but I just cannot see tattooing over something so tender…)
You may want to try vitamin C in conjunction with Billberry (an herb that provides support for the circulatory system). I take them twice a day. It has reduced the veins’ unsightliness quite a bit.
I’ve had multiple spider veins zapped by a laser. That didn’t bother me a bit…

June 10, 2009 at 12:10 am
(3) tom says:

i say ask a MD and the tatoo arts

September 8, 2009 at 12:20 am
(4) paasinerby says:

Have you tried the naturalis varicose vein treatment. I have I nip the problem in the bud when I saw it starting. good luck

March 1, 2010 at 9:12 pm
(5) Wanna Rock N Roll says:

I don’t think I would ever get a tattoo over my varicose veins as I am afraid to do anything that would open the skin even if it’s just a little needle prick. Too many of my family members have developed leg ulcers as a result of their varicose veins, and they take FOREVER to heal. However a tattoo does sound a like a great way to cover the ugliness of varicose veins up. Maybe I should get out my sharpie!

April 2, 2011 at 1:20 pm
(6) raymond handley says:

can anyone tell me if they have had a tatoo over their varicose viens successfully done as i do not fancy the surgery